6AT to DCT Converstion

• Login or Register, members don't see Ads!
  • Tip: You can toggle the Dark Theme at the bottom of the page

AJL

Private
May 11, 2017
@houtan let me answer what I can lol

DCT Removal instruction questions:

Q: Twin-clutch gearbox must be shifted to position “N” before removal. Is this required? How do I make the transmission stay in neutral after turning off the car?
A: Pretty sure "P" is just neutral with the parking lock engaged. It can be manually released to spin the driveshaft by pushing up on the parking lock lever. That's what I did anyway.

Q: Seal off oil cooler line and connection holes on transmission with plugs. What are the part numbers for the plugs?
A: I don't think there is a specific part number, but you could use something like these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NQT97W - just make sure you get the right size :)

Q: Does this mean you do not drain the transmission oil before removal? I do not see that as one of the steps.
A: I don't think you need to drain it. You should top it off when done though since you'll lose a bit of fluid from disconnecting the cooler lines.

Q: Do I need to order an new Cylindrical roller bearing (Part 5 in the real oem screenshot). How about the Dowel (Part 3 in the real oem screenshot)
A: DCT does not have a pilot bearing

houtan

Corporal
Nov 2, 2017
@houtan let me answer what I can lol

DCT Removal instruction questions:

Q: Twin-clutch gearbox must be shifted to position “N” before removal. Is this required? How do I make the transmission stay in neutral after turning off the car?
A: Pretty sure "P" is just neutral with the parking lock engaged. It can be manually released to spin the driveshaft by pushing up on the parking lock lever. That's what I did anyway.

Q: Seal off oil cooler line and connection holes on transmission with plugs. What are the part numbers for the plugs?
A: I don't think there is a specific part number, but you could use something like these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NQT97W - just make sure you get the right size :)

Q: Does this mean you do not drain the transmission oil before removal? I do not see that as one of the steps.
A: I don't think you need to drain it. You should top it off when done though since you'll lose a bit of fluid from disconnecting the cooler lines.

Q: Do I need to order an new Cylindrical roller bearing (Part 5 in the real oem screenshot). How about the Dowel (Part 3 in the real oem screenshot)
A: DCT does not have a pilot bearing
Thanks for the taking the time to reply, i really appreciate it.

Can you give me a little more info on the parking lock? Why do we need to be able to spin the driveshaft? To get to the bolts? Or for when the transmission is reinstalled?

I am glad to hear the transmission fluid does not need to be drained. Based on the oil analysis of the dct fluid posted online, even at 100k the oil was still in good shape. Since i am at 55k, i feel comfortable using the same fluid. Lol on finding the right size! I pray someone knows which ones to get.

I think the cylindrical bearing is different than the pilot bearing. In the realoem screenshot i uploaded, i was under the assumption that the cylindrical bearing was for the DCT flywheel since i was looking at the DCT parts diagram.

AJL

Private
May 11, 2017
Thanks for the taking the time to reply, i really appreciate it.

Can you give me a little more info on the parking lock? Why do we need to be able to spin the driveshaft? To get to the bolts? Or for when the transmission is reinstalled?

I am glad to hear the transmission fluid does not need to be drained. Based on the oil analysis of the dct fluid posted online, even at 100k the oil was still in good shape. Since i am at 55k, i feel comfortable using the same fluid. Lol on finding the right size! I pray someone knows which ones to get.

I think the cylindrical bearing is different than the pilot bearing. In the realoem screenshot i uploaded, i was under the assumption that the cylindrical bearing was for the DCT flywheel since i was looking at the DCT parts diagram.
Yeah, I just released the lock to spin the driveshaft so I could get to the other 3 bolts.

If you look up 21207536792, it's a clutch pilot bearing. The DCT just has a splined shaft which interfaces directly to the flyhweel. Take a look at this image of the DCT flywheel:

s-l1600.jpg

And DCT Input Shaft:

Also, the hole size should be ~10.8 MM based on the RealOEM description of the oil cooler line o-rings (#3)

Which means, this kit *should* have what you need: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XYD2760/

houtan

Corporal
Nov 2, 2017
thanks @AJL. Nice find using the oring diameter.

Looking at the picture of the flywheel makes me eager to get mine out with that big ole weight on it.

Hopefully others have input on some of the other questions i had. If not, i will post up the answers once i tackle the job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.